Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Red Velvet Cheesecake dip



I wouldn't say that this was the most cost effective recipe I have made this season but I will say its yummy!!
I found the original recipe on  http://www.sixsistersstuff.com/2013/08/red-velvet-cheesecake-dip.html
but I made a few additions.  I was able to divide each batch into 2 (2 cup) portions as gifts.  I am just giving vanilla wafers and pretzel sticks in baggies to go with it.  I figure people have a lot of sweets coming in, but I am taking a full serving to Christmas Eve dinner.  Shh. Don't tell my in laws.

Ingredients:
8 oz cream cheese, at room temp- .98
1/2 cup of butter, at room temp-.87
2 TBS brown sugar.10 cents
1/2 cup powdered sugar.25 cents
1 TBS baking cocoa..25 cents
splash of milk .05 cents
1 1/2 cups of Red velvet cake mix( about 1/2 a box)- $2.00
1 tsp vanilla- .05 cents
1 cup Chocolate chips- 1.50

Vanilla Wafers- $1.00 (1/2 a box)
Pretzel sticks- $2.00
Apples- $1.00

Mix together the cream cheese and butter until smooth and fluffy,  Add brown sugar.  Mix till blended.  Add powdered sugar and cocoa.  Blend well, scraping sides of bowl.  Add cake mix and vanilla.  Use a splash of milk if it gets really thick.  You want it spreadable or dippable.  Fold in Chocolate chips.  Chill.

Serve with Vanilla Wafers, Graham Crackers, Pretzels and Apple's cut into wedges or sticks.  Its a appetizer or Dessert, so servings are hard to determine.  I would say 6 to 8 adults?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Total $9.80  per serving-1.23 a person, if you serve 8, it makes about 4 cups.

No comments:

Post a Comment